My Student Teaching Experience

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A "Smooth" Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
This is the Valentine holder that Kelly made for me (because I had a day-long meeting):
Anyway, today in class we did food riddles! When I had made the plan to do this I didn't think the kids would love this as much as they did! They turned out so good!

 We glued each part on either side of a piece of construction paper and they walked around and asked each other their riddles. They loved it. I also put together our book, and we will draw in the pictures tomorrow!

Lastly, my roommate came in at the end of the day and we made smoothies while the students were opening Valentines. We pulled up groups of four to the table and they got to add all of the ingredients themselves. The smoothies were called "Go Green" smoothies, and they had kiwi, green grapes, spinach, yogurt, apple juice, and bananas in them. They were kind of sour, but most of the kids liked them!
All in all, it was a great day (and now I have mounds of chocolate)!

No comments:

Post a Comment