My Student Teaching Experience

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Healthy Habits!

Today we did a mini lesson on healthy and unhealthy habits. I read the book I Know How to Brush My Teeth by Kate Rowan (which was cute, but a little more detailed than I needed it to be), and then we talked about healthy and unhealthy habits. We made this T chart:
Some of the things listed on the unhealthy side were a little stretched, but they really enjoyed making the chart. After we made the chart, we did a sheet about brushing our teeth. On the sheet, they had to draw their smile, write how many teeth they've lost, and then write a sentence about why they are glad they have their teeth. They liked drawing their teeth, so I put the pictures up above their cubbies with the words "Our Class is Healthy". It looks like this:
I also switched out some of the books on the book display this week:

Tomorrow we're going to talk about staying active and make healthy people! I'm excited! :D

1 comment:

  1. hello nice to meet you my name is benjamin, i´m studing english in union jack institute, your blog help me to learn more for a test really thanks, from posadas, misiones, argentina

    ReplyDelete